Area students ages 6–18 are invited to enter the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District’s 3R’s Photo Contest.
Between now and the end of January, keep an eye out for a spontaneous recycling shot or plan a photo shoot related to the 3 R’s: reduce, reuse, recycle. Grab a digital camera or cell phone, capture that great shot, add a clever caption and submit your entry to the Solid Waste District by Thursday, January 31, 2013.
For a look at some of last year’s entries, check out the Solid Waste District’s Flickr page.
The rules, in brief, are these:
- Photos must be digital, 3 megapixels or larger.
- Images must be high/print quality: minimum 2048 x 1536 resolution with 4-inch by 6-inch print (6 megapixel picture with resolution of 3072 x 2048 preferred).
- Each entry must include the photographer’s name, address, school and age, and must include the photo caption.
- Entries are due by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Thursday, January 31, 2013.
- All students ages 6–18 who are residents of Cuyahoga County or who attend school in Cuyahoga County are eligible to participate.
Photos will be judged in four categories, by age:
- 6–8 years old
- 9–11 years old
- 12–14 years old
- 15–18 years old
Entries will be reviewed, and at least ten entries per age category will be posted to the Solid Waste District’s website or Flickr page to be available for voting. Prizes will include a poster of winning entries and other Earth Day or recycling themed items, and all participants will receive a certificate thanking them for participating.
Show us how you Keep It Out of the Landfill: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.