Lake County residents are encouraged to collect their household hazardous waste and deliver it on Saturday, June 6, to the Lake County Fairgrounds at 1301 Mentor Avenue in Painesville Township (map).
- Materials will be accepted only at the Lake County Fairgrounds and only on Saturday, June 6, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The collection will take place no matter what the weather is.
- Technicians will unload your vehicle.
- This collection is for Lake County residents only. Items from businesses will not be accepted.
- Leave the product in its original container if possible, or label the contents if you know what they are.
For information on materials that will and will not be accepted, see the Lake County Solid Waste District web site (scroll down to “Hazardous Waste Collection — June 6, 2015”).
The Solid Waste District collects hazardous wastes because they are dangerous to people, pets, and the environment. Take them to the Lake County Fairgrounds on hazardous waste collection day, and you will Keep Them Out of the Landfill.
Cuyahoga County Residents: Household hazardous waste is collected in Cuyahoga by each municipality’s service department. See the Cuyahoga County Solid Waste Management District’s Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Program web page for information about municipal collections.
Want to stay in touch with the latest recycling news in the Cleveland area? Just click on the Follow button at the bottom of my blog Home page, or subscribe to my Examiner.com page.