The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District will again present its popular workshops, “Waste and Recycling $ense for Your Business,” in 2014:
Learn how to use recycling to improve the environment and help your bottom line: it makes $ense.
- Thursday, March 13
- Thursday, April 3
- Wednesday, June 25
- Tuesday, September 23
What the workshops cover
In these half-day workshops, businesses and non-profits can learn how to start or improve a workplace recycling program and how to contract for waste hauling or recycling. The staff of the Solid Waste District walks participants through the steps to launch or expand a successful workplace waste reduction and recycling program. The workshops cover:
- Starting a recycling program or improving an existing program
- Recognizing different recyclable commodities
- Commercial composting
- Waste sorting (aka “dumpster diving”) and analysis
- Choosing proper indoor recycling containers and selecting appropriate signage
- Making the recycling program sustainable
- Educating employees, students and visitors on the program
- Choosing a waste hauling and recycling company
- Terms and conditions of waste and recycling service contracts
- Types of contracts, fees, and how to structure an agreement to best suit a business
Who should attend
Any business with an interest in effective management of waste and recycling can benefit from these workshops. Previous attendees — large employers, small businesses, startups — have included:
- Public venues
- Hotel chains
- Manufacturing facilities
- Universities and schools
- National parks
- Places of worship
- Local government
- Property management and real estate development firms
Curious about how the workshops might help your organization? Check out the feedback from previous participants (click here and scroll down to “What are attendees saying about the program?”).
Where and when the workshops are held
All workshops except for the April 3 event are held at the Solid Waste District offices at 4750 East 131 Street in Garfield Heights (map). Driving directions are available here.
The April 3 workshop will be held at the Bedford Heights Community Center, Room 2, 5615 Perkins Road in Bedford Heights (map).
The workshops consist of two sessions:
- Session 1, Successful Recycling in Your Workplace: 9 a.m.–10:45 a.m.
- Session 2, Contracting for Waste and Recycling Services: 11 a.m.–noon.
Participants may attend either or both sessions.
The workshops are free, but registration is required. Online registration (click here and scroll down to “Upcoming Seminars”) is available through the Solid Waste District’s website, as is the Solid Waste District’s flyer for the seminars.
More information is available from Business Recycling Specialist Doreen Schreiber at (216) 443-3732 or email@example.com.
Want to stay in touch with the latest recycling news in the Cleveland area? Just click on the Follow button at the bottom of my blog Home page, or subscribe to my Examiner.com page.